The Connection Covid-19 response
Here at The Connection we have been working hard to accommodate those rough sleeping in Westminster into temporary accommodation during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Covid-19 pandemic is a worrying time for all of us, as we are disconnected and isolated from others. For those who normally sleep rough and who have now been moved into emergency accommodation, they will have to face additional challenges, as they may experience acute loneliness and struggle to adapt to their new surroundings.
We want to make sure that those living in accommodation do not have to worry about when their next meal may be. We are helping to provide three meals a day to over 350 people in Westminster, but we need support to help us continue this life-saving work.
By joining our lunchtime lockdowns and donating £7 you will be helping to provide three meals to someone living in isolation.
Join our Lunchtime Lockdowns and Connect for The Connection
1) Get together with friends, colleagues, or family over lunch on video
2) Eat together over a delicious lunchtime meal- and try one of our recipes which are used to provide meals to over 350 people experiencing homelessness every day. You can sign up to receive these recipes plus updates from the campaign below.
4) Sharing is Caring- Tag @homelesslondon on Twitter or @connection_homeless on Instagram with the hashtag #connectfortheconnection or #lunchtimelockdown or email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Donate to the Lunchtime Lockdown Campaign online or text LUNCH7 to 70500 to donate £7.
5) Whatever you do, make sure you have fun!
To receive regular updates on the campaign and your regular recipes sign up today!
For more recipes and materials to support your lockdown lunches get in touch with email@example.com