Wear Orange for World Homeless Day!
On Thursday 10th October 2019, people around the world will mark World Homeless Day – and we’d like you to join us.
Raise awareness and funds for The Connection at St Martin’s by setting aside this day to Wear Orange, hold a fundraiser in your office, and support people who are experiencing homelessness.
We’ve chosen orange as it is a highly visible colour – perfect to highlight a community who are not always visible.
‘Go Orange’ for the day by wearing an orange item of clothing or orange accessories and share your photos with us.
Support our partners Crisis by adding your voice to the petition calling to Scrap the Vagrancy Act.
Download our fundraising pack and set your fundraising goal:
- £50 could fund a Night’s Stay in our Emergency Accommodation, complete with showers, laundry, a hot meal and NHS services. Whilst with us, guests will receive specialist support to access accommodation.
- £250 could fund one of our Friday Outreach Club sessions. These are quiet sessions for people who might feel nervous about accessing our busy Drop-In. They are vital when supporting people who are struggling with poor mental or physical health as we can arrange for nurses and doctors to attend.
- £500 could fund a whole week of street outreach in your local area. The Street Engagement Team will make contact with vulnerable people, build trust, and support them away from the streets.
Order cookies from our Social Enterprise – Making The Connection
We have two delicious flavours on offer:
- Orange & Cranberry cookies
- Orange & Chocolate cookies