Join us for The Pilgrimage from St Martin’s to Canterbury in 2022!
The Connection at St. Martin’s is happy to announce that the 74-mile Pilgrimage from St. Martin’s to Canterbury Cathedral is back for 2022, during the Platinum Jubilee Weekend (Wednesday, 1st June to Saturday, 4th June 2022).
This picturesque four day walk in Chaucer’s footsteps from St. Martin’s along the Pilgrims Way covers 74 miles. The journey ends with a service at Canterbury Cathedral and there will be transport arranged to take you back to London. You can also join us for part of the route on the way.
During the Pilgrimage, you’ll get to meet a wonderful and diverse group of The Connection’s supporters, including some of the people The Connection supports. Some are rough sleeping and some are not. But everyone enjoys the spectacular countryside, the company of each other and the delicious food provided along the way!
Do join us in this wonderful journey wherever you are! The Pilgrimage will be a remarkable journey and once you have done it, you will long to come next year……. And the next ……. And the next….. !!!
How can I get involved?
– By walking and sharing it to your friends and families to raise valuable funds. Sign up below!
– By sponsoring the rough sleeping clients who are walking in the journey.
– If you are able to join our supporting team to help as a marshal, or as a driver, or as a general helper (preparing refreshments and managing venues) in the Pilgrimage weekend, contact Eugene Ling, Pilgrimage Co-ordinator, on 020 7766 5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is included in my registration fee?
– Accommodation is provided on hall or church floors. You are suggested to have air-beds and/or sleeping bags for the weekend. You are also free to make your own sleeping arrangements on the route but you will need to provide your own transport to join us in each gathering point if you do so.
– We will transport your belongings every day.
– All food (main meals and snacks) and drinks will be provided.
– Walkers will walk in groups of 10 to 15, according to the walking speeds and will be led by experienced group leaders.
– We will provide transport from Canterbury back to London in the evening of Saturday 4th June.
Bookings are closed on Friday 6th May 2022.
‘Early Bird’ Reduction registration fee is available if you register before Monday 21st March 2022. Limited to 20 walkers.
Concessions are limited to 20 walkers, first-come, first-served. Concession rates are only for walkers with low incomes or financial support and are subsidised by The Connection. Please consider whether you can afford Early Bird or full rates when you book the place.
Sounds great, how do I get involved?
If you have any questions or to find out more please contact Eugene Ling, Pilgrimage Co-ordinator, on 020 7766 5555 or email@example.com.
Located in the heart of Westminster, we work in direct contact with people rough sleeping all year round. Being a local organisation, we don’t have the overheads that others do, and can promise you that 91p in every £1 will be spent on helping rough sleepers. Walking for us means you will be directly supporting the rough sleepers who need your help most, through our services which enable people to access housing, employment training, and professional support to overcome personal issues.
Last year the One-Day Pilgrimage raised over £20,000 for our services, this year we hope to raise more in our 4-day Pilgrimage weekend! For individuals wanting a target or an extra challenge, we are suggesting a target of £250. We appreciate the support given from all of our walkers and fundraisers – so thank you!