Working with The Connection is about more than a job. You’ll be passionate about helping homeless people and will join a committed team of over 80 staff based at our centre next to Trafalgar Square. Please see a list of our current vacancies below.
Street Engagement Advisor x 2 (Integrated Street Engagement Unit)
Contract Type: 1 position is Permanent, 35 hr p/w; 1 position is 12-month fixed-term, 35 hr p/w (contract extension dependent on funding)
Salary: £26,865 – £31,140 pa (including London Weighting). Starting Salary £26,865 pa incl ILW
Scale: 6/SO1 Points 26-31
The Connection at St Martin-in-the-Fields (CSTM) provides services which help 4,500 homeless people each year in London avoid, move away from and stay off the streets. Our direct services span Street Engagement, Housing Advice, a Day Centre, a Night Centre and an Employment, Education and Training service. The charity has an annual turnover of £4.6m, a staff team of 100 and around 30 regular volunteers. CSTM is about to embark on a period of major change in our services based on a new strategy for 2018-23. This will commence from April 2018, and will involve all 5 of our services. In preparation for this change, we will be creating a new service model and theory of change.
An exciting opportunity has become available to work as part of CSTM’s new, innovative Street Engagement Team. The Street Engagement Team will work as part of the wider Westminster Integrated Street Engagement Unit (ISEU) providing support to the daytime street population across Westminster. The team will deliver and coordinate outreach services for the new ISE Unit, in conjunction with our partners at The Passage and Turning Point and will focus on social care as the first approach for anyone encountered on the streets in the daytime.
The charity is recruiting for two Street Engagement Advisors to work within our Street Engagement Team who will:
• Undertake strengths based assessments, triage and case work with people who have multiple and complex needs
• Work as part of local integrated response to rough sleeping and street population including Westminster Council’s Integrated Street Engagement Unit (ISEU).
• Work pro-actively and collaboratively with local businesses, business improvement districts (BIDs) and the wider community to raise awareness and build understanding of homelessness and street population based issues.
• Develop and deliver innovative approaches to personalisation and co-production including use of personal budgets.
• Monitor and evaluate service delivery to demonstrate impact and build a business case for service development and expansion.
• Manage volunteers.
This role requires someone with a creative and innovative approach and significant experience of service delivery to vulnerable groups within a charity setting. The successful candidate will be able to manage a varied workload effectively and will be skilled in engaging hard to reach groups and facilitating progress utilising an enabling, person-centred approach.
Details of the full job description, which includes the detailed person specification can be found here.
To apply, please read and then complete the application form available here, ensuring that you have clearly demonstrated that you meet the requirement of the role set out in the person specification. Please also clearly state on your application whether you are interested in applying for either the Permanent Role, the Fixed Term role or both.
Closing Date: Monday 23rd April 2018 at 9am
Interview date: Monday 30th April 2018