We welcome donations from the general public and businesses as the items can help support people we work with. Donations should be new, or if second hand should be clean and in very good condition. Items can be dropped off at our Centre on any weekday from 9.30am – 4.30pm or weekends from 9am – 1pm. We are located at 12 Adelaide Street (WC2N 4HW) which is five minutes’ walk from Charing Cross Station.
If you are planning on bringing a large amount of donations please first contact Lance Kuhn in the Fundraising Team on 020 7766 5555 / firstname.lastname@example.org as our storage space is limited. Please note, we are unable to accept used bedding.
Make a house a home
We need items for those who are moving into accommodation. These will be received by clients accessing hostel accommodation and other forms of supported housing; or by those who are recovering from homelessness and entering employment and the private rented sector. Our clients will be starting with nothing, so anything to help people to settle in and make their new place into a home will be so much appreciated!
You can choose to donate an individual item, or to put together a pack:
- “Tea Set Pack” – kettle, mug, teaspoon, teabags, sugar
- “Moving In Pack” – a set of cutlery, a set of pots and pans, baking tray, oven-proof dish, colander, Tupperware, chopping board, chopping knife, wooden spoon, scissors, plate, bowl, mug, tea towels
- “Home Comforts Pack” – a radio, a towel, a laundry bag, a clothes horse
- “Clean and Tidy Pack” – basic cleaning items, like sponges, cloths, washing up liquid, detergent
Support into employment
We also give people a helping hand when they are entering employment. Most of our clients will be entering the Hospitality or Construction industries.
We need the following, all year round:
- Men’s Socks
- Men’s Underwear
- Interview wear – shirts, suits, smart shoes
- Plain black T-shirts / plain black shirts / plain black trousers
- Comfortable casual shoes, sizes 9-11, preferably black
- Kitchen shoes, sizes 8-11
- Construction boots, sizes 8-11
- Sets of chef knives
- Leather belts
Homeless people face multiple disadvantage to living a healthy, happy and fulfilling life. We provide those everyday items that can make all the difference.
- new underwear and socks
- trainers, size 5-11
- casual / sports clothing, in a range of sizes
- toiletries, travel-size and unused
85% of our clients are male, so we will need more donations for men than for women.
We are currently looking for donations of retail vouchers, such as Primark vouchers – this will give clients more control over what they wear and increase their confidence and self-esteem. If you can help with this, please contact email@example.com / 0207 766 5555.
Donations for our pop-up shop #OneGoodThing
Every year we have a shop where we sell quality items and the money helps homeless people who use our centre. We need:
- designer & vintage clothing
- homeware: lamps, cushions, rugs
- accessories: jewellery, bags
- framed pictures
The perfect chance to offload some of your unwanted Christmas presents guilt-free!
Thank you for supporting homeless people.